We know what we started with the NFC Ring is way bigger than just a few employees could ever sustain, with that in mind we decided to open up everything we do to allow communities of developers and hackers to take control and direct the way the hardware and software evolves. At McLear Ltd we're huge believers that open source approaches to problem solving is by far the most sustainable approach and provides the best results for humanity long-term.
Early on we made a promise to ourselves to never be aggressive with our patents, with that in mind we encourage other creators to create and design NFC and other technology enabled rings and go wild with creativity, there are millions of potential use cases from healthcare to military, whatever you do, do it with confidence we will support you to the best of our abilities.
We're keen on promoting sharing about all of our technological breakthroughs, not only at a hardware and software level but at a general and fundamental understanding level.
Actions speak louder than words so here are some repositories and resources for your reference:
- McLear Ltd Github Account
- A CSS/JS based ring measurement tool we're experimenting with
- NFC Ring app
- The fundamentals of understanding Ring Sizes
- NFC Ring Quality Assurance Process
- Formatting and Understanding the NFC Ring SKU Codes
- NFC Ring Security Design
- Evolution of the NFC Ring:
- How to test for water resistance of an NFC Ring
- How to use a Network Analyzer to analyze the frequency of an NFC Tag tuned to Metal
- Getting your Ring Size:
- Using our Sweet Spot Testing tool: